Welcome to the Digital Value of Fans 2022 – our annual deep dive into the digital audience landscape in sports and the value it creates for the world’s leading teams and leagues.
The report analyses the digital performance of all teams in The Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, IPL and Formula 1 across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube over a 12 month period.
- The world’s top sports leagues generated over €2.1B in value from digital assets in 12 months
- Premier League is the league that created the most value – more than 2nd and 3rd place leagues combined.
- Amongst “Global Brands” – teams with a combined following of +20m – Manchester United lead the way creating more than €200m in digital value
- IPL and Formula 1 teams performed well in terms of value per fan, our metric which measures a league or team’s ability to generate value relative to their audience size.
- US Franchises dominate the “Elite Teams” category.
- Paris Saint Germain experienced the “Messi Effect” with the highest YoY audience growth
- Facebook has the biggest congregation of fans but Twitter created the most value.
For more insights, please click on the link below to download the full report
We hope you enjoy!
For more information of Horizm’s social media insights and our AI-powered digital audience valuation and monettization toolkit, please get in touch.